The world's second-largest French-speaking city has accrued a reputation for its welcoming lifestyle and the dazzling arsenal of world-calibre events that continue to exceed expectations. Where else in North America can delegates participate in such a unique multi-lingual environment, whose European accents of culture, history, and architecture are matched in equal measure by great food and joie de vivre? Why not extend your stay beyond the length of the conference and experience Montreal's inspiring atmosphere and activities.
At the time of the conference, Montreal will be hosting a number of vibrant festivals: the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival, the International Fireworks Competition, the Nuits d'Afrique (African Nights) Music Festival, to name a few.
Here are some suggestions:
- Just for Laughs Festival Free Outdoor Events
- Just for Laughs Festival Shows in English
- Festival nuits d'Afrique
- International Fireworks Competition
- Five-Day Itinerary... à la Montréal
- Calendar of events
- Restaurants, bars and services near IASCL 2011
- Explore Montréal and other Québec régions
- Whale watching cruises in the Saguenay region